Terms & Conditions
HIGH REWARDS – GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION
The Hotel Indonesia Group Hospitality - HIGH Rewards loyalty programme (the Programme) is designed to enable its Members to enjoy various benefits (as described below) during their stay at Hotel Indonesia Group hotels participating in the Programme and with our Programme Partners.
The HIGH Rewards Programme is only available if allowed by law in the Member's country of residence. If it is not allowed, membership is null and void.
- Adjustment: Points credited following a claim by the Member or an error on the part of the Programme.
- Advance: Cash advance granted occasionally by certain hotels, but which is not eligible for earning Points.
- Check-in: Date of arrival at the hotel.
- Check-out: Date of departure from the hotel.
- Customer: Individual (not a Member of the Programme) using a Hotel Indonesia Group hotel room for an overnight stay or for Day Use purposes.
- Day Use: Use of a hotel room solely during the day, with Check-in and Check-out taking place on the same day.
- Member: customer who has accepted the general term & conditions of the program
- Eligible Stay: An overnight stay completed by a Member that counts towards reaching a Status level according to the scale presented in Article 8. Only at hotels participating in the Programme, booked through an eligible distribution channel and charged at a rate eligible for earning Points, as described in Articles 7.1 and 7.2 below, are considered to be Eligible Stay.
- Point: Unit generated by a Member according to a set scale, following an eligible stay at a hotel participating in the Programme. There are two types of Points, Rewards Points and Status Points, which are accounted for separately and cannot be combined.
- Rewards Points: Points earned by a Member according to the points scale described in Article 7.4 and that the Member may redeem for Rewards.
- Non Point Advantage: Any service, product or benefit obtained based on the member’s status level.
- Status: Level depending on the number of Eligible Stay or the number of Reward Points earned by a Member over a given period and that determines (i) the advantages received by a Member at hotels participating in the Programme and (ii) the scale of Rewards Points earned.
- Transaction: Crediting points to or debiting them from a Member's account.
3. HOTELS PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAMME
The hotels participating in the Programme are hotels operating under an Hotel Indonesia Group brand, with the exception of the hotels and brands listed on the HIGH Rewards Hotel Indonesia Group page of the www.hotelindonesiagroup.co.id website ( see list of participating brands and non-participating hotels and brands ).
When a hotel or brand joins the Hotel Indonesia Group network or enrols in the Programme as a participating hotel, Members will only be able to earn Points and enjoy other programme-related benefits on eligible stays completed at the hotel in question subsequent to this event.
If a hotel leaves the Hotel Indonesia Group network or ceases to be a participating hotel after the Member makes a booking but before the Member’s actual stay, the Member:
- will not earn Points and will not have access to any status-related services or benefits whilst staying at the hotel;
- will not have access to any special offers in which the hotel may have participated;
- If applicable, will have Rewards Points re-credited for all or part of the booking and will be required to pay directly to the hotel the amount corresponding to the number of Rewards Points used to make the booking.
The loyalty Programme Administrator will make every effort to give affected Members reasonable notice prior to their stay.
4. PROGRAMME MEMBERSHIP
4.1. Conditions of Membership
The Programme is open to all persons who are legally considered to be an adult or have the legal capacity to sign a contract in their home country.
Programme membership is free of charge.
Members have a membership card, physical card is collectible at the hotel when a customer enrolled as a member at the hotel and available virtually sent to his/her email.
For members who enroll via HIG website, a virtual membership card wil also be sent to his/her email, and a phisical card is also collectible at the hotel participating in the programme. ( see list of participating and non-participating hotels).
Whether in physical or electronic format, the membership card is nominative and strictly personal. It cannot be sold, loaned or transferred. The membership card is not a means of payment and cannot be used to guarantee a booking. The card lists the individual identification number. The rule is one membership card per Member.
The card may be used only by the Member whose name is registered on the membership program.
A valid email address is required to join the Programme. Two or more Members may not use the same email address. By joining the Programme, the Member agrees to receive electronic communications relating to the operation of, and services offered by, the Programme, including information messages, Points statements, and information regarding the operation of the Member's account. If the Member no longer wishes to receive this information, which is considered essential to Programme operation, the Member shall follow the Programme termination procedure set forth in Article 12.1.
Programme Members accept that the Programme may be modified, totally or partially, at any time. Within a reasonable period of time before their application, Members will be notified of any changes made to the Programme that may substantially modify their rights and obligations relating to the Programme, particularly through information posted on the www.hotelindonesiagroup.co.id site and/or via electronic communication. Members have the possibility of terminating their membership as outlined in Article 12.1. Participation in the Programme following the effective date of modifications implies acceptance on the part of the Member.
The Member must not disclose his/her personal account password to any other party. The Member accepts responsibility for all operations to and from his/her account.
4.2. Registering as a Programme Member
A Customer may join the Programme in any of the following ways:
- During his/her stay at a hotel participating in the Programme;
- By registering online on the www.hotelindonesiagroup.co.id website;
- By any other means made available to the Customer.
The Customer shall provide the required and obligatory elements when applying for membership. New Members must accept the Programme’s General Conditions of Use, either online or at the hotel, depending on conditions for joining.
Once accepted, the Member will benefit fully from all Programme services, including access to the different functions of the www.hotelindonesiagroup.co.id website (such as accessing Rewards, checking his/her personal account, redeeming Rewards Points, etc.), and recognition by all Hotel Indonesia Group when making reservations.
4.3. Personal Member Account
Using their personal account, Members can:
- View account balance, Eligible Nights balance, transaction history, and status;
- Be recognised on the www.hotelindonesiagroup.co.id website and mobile services;
- Enter accommodation preferences, personal preferences, favourite brands and destinations;
- View reservation history and modify current reservations, if necessary;
- Subscribe to Hotel Indonesia group, HIGH Rewards Hotel Indonesia and Hotel Indonesia brand newsletters, and manage subscriptions online;
- Access personalised offers and services.
5. CARD USE
In order to enjoy the various benefits that come with being a cardholder, Members must provide their loyalty card number whenever they wish to take advantage of one of the services available and/or present their loyalty card (in either physical or digital format) when checking into a hotel. Members who do not meet the aforementioned requirements will not be authorised to take advantage of the Programme-related benefits.
In the event of loss or theft of his/her membership card, the Member must notify the Programme Administrator and should she/he wish to obtain a new physical card. He/she may order a new card at the participating hotels. ( see list of participating and non-participating hotels).
6. MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
Any breach by a Member of these Conditions of Use, abusive or fraudulent use of the card or Points, communication of falsified information and/or detrimental or objectionable behaviour (in particular, regrettable, malicious or insulting behaviour towards hotel staff or customers) may result – at the sole discretion of the loyalty Programme Administrator – in the temporary suspension of the Member’s Programme membership or termination of membership without notice or compensation, and cancellation of any Points earned by the Member with his/her card, as per the terms stipulated in Article 12. This suspension or termination shall be without prejudice to the Programme Administrator’s right to take action with respect to a Member.
7. EARNING HIGH REWARDS POINTS
When a Member completes an eligible stay at one of the hotels participating in the Programme and this stay includes at least one paid night that the Member actually spends at the hotel, the Member's account is credited with Points.
Only a whole number of Points may be credited. If application of the Points earned scale leads to Points with a decimal fraction, the number of Points credited will be the next lowest whole number.
For crediting Points, the amount paid in local currency outside the Indonesia zone will be converted to Indonesia Rupiah before applying the earned Points scales. The exchange rate applied by the hotel at Check-out is taken from the "Multidevises" database (a Reuters Bank database of monetary and financial information).
Points and Eligible Nights may not be transferred to another Member. They are strictly personal and non-transferable.
Points do not constitute a means of payment and have no monetary value. No money shall be provided for lost or unused Points.
7.1. Reservation channels eligible for Points
Only stays booked at eligible rates via Hotel Indonesia Group distribution channels (Hotel Indonesia Group internet sites, and Hotel Indonesia Group reservation centre, hotelsconnected automatically to the Hotel Indonesia reservation centre, entitle the Member to earn Points.
Eligible stays therefore specifically do not include stays booked via a reseller, tour operator or third-party online travel agent (such as Expedia.com, Booking.com, etc.). These stays do not enable the Member to earn Points or to collect Eligible Nights to obtain a Status.
7.2. Eligible booking rates
Only stays booked at an eligible rate enable the Member to benefit from the Programme.
Eligible booking rates include all public, corporate and promotional rates, except for the following:
- Room rates for group bookings when the rooms are invoiced to and paid for globally by the organiser (excluding the HIGH Pro promotional offer);
- Rates proposed to employees of partner companies (travel, tourism, etc.), also known as “Partner/Industry Rates”;
- Room rates for crew members (airline, shipping or other);
- Rates for Hotel Indonesia Group employees, employees of Hotel Indonesia Group partner companies and service providers;
- Tour operator rates.
7.3. Eligible expenses
Only the following expenses are eligible to earn Points and only if they are paid for by a Member who is actually staying at the hotel:
- Expenses for Member accommodation and, if applicable, for one other room at the same hotel on the same date (for a maximum of three invoiced rooms), provided that (i) the Member is staying in one of these rooms and that (ii) the others room is not occupied by another Member; note that if the Member books two rooms, Points are earned for these two rooms, but the number of Eligible Nights is based only on the Member's room;
- Services in addition to hotel accommodations, namely: minibar, room service, Member meals at the hotel restaurant, and drinks at the hotel bar;
- Points are calculated on the basis of the total invoice for eligible expenses, excluding tax & services. The invoice must be settled in full. In other words, the payment must have been accepted and confirmed by the hotel. In the event of full or partial default in the payment of an invoice, and notably if the Member stops the payment of a cheque, issues a cheque that bounces or disputes a bank card payment, he/she will not receive any Points for the transaction in question and will not accumulate any Eligible Nights.
- The following expenditures do not qualify for earning Points:
additional expenditures incurred as part of a non-eligible stay (even if settled at the hotel);
- taxes (notably VAT), tips, taxis, transfers to/from the hotel, service charges and other applicable charges;
- expenses incurred as part of organising a company seminar, banquet or any other event – including private events – settled globally by the Member (except for the HIGH Pro promotional offer);
- all charges and expenses which are not specifically listed as eligible expenditures.
7.4. Rewards Points Scale
The Programme offers four Status levels that are attributed according to the number of Eligible Nights or Status Points earned: Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Each Status has its own scale for Rewards Points earned, as shown in the table below
|STATUS||NUMBER OF SPENDING AMOUNT TO EARN 1 high rEWARDS POINT|
If a Member's Status changes between booking and Check-out, the rules used for attributing Rewards Points will be those of the Status at Check-in. For a stay of several consecutive nights, Members are entitled to only one Rewards Points credit when the total invoice is paid.
7.6. Special offers and promotional operations
Members may also earn Rewards Points in the context of special offers or promotional operations organised by the Programme. In this context, earning Rewards Points depends on meeting specific conditions that apply to each offer or operation, and that are communicated to Members.
7.7. Validity of Rewards Points
Rewards Points are valid for 365 days from the date of the event that generated their credit. When Rewards Points are earned following a stay at a Participating Hotel, that date is considered to be the date of Check-out. When Rewards points are earned following an eligible HIGH Pro event, that date is considered to be the date on which the Rewards Points are credited to the Member's account.
The validity of Rewards Points collected by a Member is extended by 365 days each time the Member stays at a participating hotel that is eligible for earning Points.
If the Member does not stay at a participating hotel that allows earning Points during a period of 365 consecutive days, all the Rewards Points in his or her account, whatever their origin, will be lost without prior notice, without being able to restore or transfer these Rewards Points.
Status Points are valid until 31st December of the calendar year in which they were earned. Status Points are credited as from the date of Check-out.
Members may at any time access a higher Status if they reach the required number of Status Points, as shown in the table below.
|STATUS||NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE NIGHTS||NUMBER OF ACCUMULATED STATUS POINTS|
Once every 365 days At the start of each new year, an assessment is made of Eligible Nights completed and Status Points earned by a Member during the previous calendar year:
- If, during the previous calendar year, the Member reached one of the thresholds allowing them to maintain their current Status or access a higher Status, they retain that Status for 365 days;
in 365 days after the member access a higher status, If, the Member did not reach one of the thresholds and did not make an eligible night allowing them to maintain their current Status, they will be awarded the Status directly below the one previously held, as indicated on the above scale.
- In 365 days after the member access a higher status, the Member did not reach one of the thresholds and did not make an eligible night allowing them to maintain their current Status, they may mantain their status.
9. BENEFITS AND SERVICES OFFERED TO MEMBERS
9.1 Programme Benefits and services applicable to all Members
In addition to receiving Points, Members with a status of Silver or higher enjoy other status-related benefits.
Only the cardholder Member is entitled to the benefits associated with the membership card.
These benefits are offered on the condition that the Member’s stay is eligible to earn Points, with the exception of Day Use bookings as defined herein.
These benefits are described more fully in the “HIGH Rewards” section of the www.hotelindonesiagroup.co.id website.
In particular, the guarantee of an available room before arrival is subject to the following specific conditions:
- The guarantee covers room availability only and not a particular type of room.
- Reservation must be made before noon, 12:00PM (local time at the hotel) and at least three days (for Gold cardholders) or two days (for Platinum cardholders) prior to the date of arrival.
- The Member must request this guarantee at the time of booking.
- In hotels identified as belonging to the “resorts” category, the guarantee of availability is applicable only to stays of a minimum of seven nights.
- This guarantee applies only to stays booked via Hotel Indonesia Group distribution channels, paid for at the standard or full rate (excluding promotions or discounts) and for one room only (the Member’s room). For bookings that include several rooms, this guarantee therefore does not apply to the additional rooms.
- If the hotel is unable to guarantee room availability, it commits to accommodating the Member at another nearby Hotel Indonesia Group hotel or at a hotel in an equivalent category. If the Member is accommodated at a hotel that is not part of the Hotel Indonesia group, the hotel will refund any difference in the cost of the first night and any related transportation fees, upon presentation by the Member of the corresponding invoices. All accommodation expenses for this night (price paid by the Member, as well as the additional price reimbursed by the hotel) enable Points credit and collecting Eligible Nights.
- The availability guarantee does not apply on certain dates. The official calendar of dates on which the availability guarantee does not apply is regularly updated and displayed for Members on the www.hotelindonesiagroup.co.id website. It is up to Members to take note of these dates before booking a stay for which they require an availability guarantee ( see list of blackout dates ).
9. REDEEMING REWARDS POINTS
Members can use their Rewards Points to obtain Rewards, which notably include:
- the opportunity to pay less for an eligible stay in a participating hotel;
- benefits from certain Partners, notably by converting Rewards Points into points for other Partner loyalty programmes (such as air miles);
The use of Rewards Points to obtain a reduction on the amount of the invoice issued for an eligible stay at a participating hotel is subject to compliance with the following rules:
- Rewards Points can only be used for eligible stays to gain HIGH Rewards points pursuant to article 7 of the general conditions of the Programme, which means for an eligible stay comprising accommodation and on-site expenses, or for an eligible stay comprising accommodation only, with the exception of Day use bookings;
- Rewards Points can only be used for reservations at participating hotels made through the www.hotelindonesiagroup.co.id website.
- Rewards Points can only be used in multiples of 2,500 Rewards Points: 2,500 Rewards Points entitle the Member to a reduction of Rp 250,000 on the price (including tax) of accommodation or on-site expenses. A Member cannot use a number of Rewards Points that would entitle them to a reduction of an amount greater than the total price of the accommodation or on-site expenses concerned. The Member must use the means of payment normally accepted online or at the hotel to pay the remaining price not covered by the reduction obtained;
- Reservations at a rate which is subject to prepayment (where cancellations and changes are not permitted) can be made using only Rewards Points and must include a part paid by credit or debit card.
- Rewards Points will not be recredited in the event of a Member’s request to change or cancel a reservation at any condition or if a member failed to arrive at the hotel
- - all reservations and expenses deemed eligible as per these Terms and Conditions, but paid for in full with Rewards Points, are not eligible to earn Rewards Points nor entitle the Member to accumulate Eligible Nights, provided that the conditions for so doing, as defined in the Programme's General Conditions of Use, are met.
- change of reservation by the Member entailing a reduction to the number of Rewards Points used when making the original reservation, for rates where cancellations and changes are permitted (unless the member has already checked in);
- Member’s failure to arrive at the hotel for rates where cancellations and changes are permitted (the amount of the first night will still be charged);
- Rewards Points will not be recredited in the event of a Member’s request to change or cancel a reservation at a rate where changes and refunds are not permitted;
- Rewards Points used directly at a participating hotel during a stay cannot be recredited if the Member has authorised the hotel to use their Rewards Points;
- Rewards Points can only be used for professional events (seminars, conferences, etc.) by one individual who has subscribed to the "HIGH Pro" offer specifically for meeting organisers, as per the specific conditions related to this offer .
- when reservations or expenses are partially paid for with Rewards Points, points will be earned on the portion that was not paid for with points.
10. MEMBER ACCOUNT ISSUES
Claims within the participating hotel network
If the Member notes that his/her Points were not credited as expected after a minimum of fourteen working days following the Member’s stay at a participating hotel, the Member may submit a claim for Points adjustment within six months following the stay in question (based on the Check-out date). To do this, the Member must fill out the claim form available in the “Report missing Points after stay” section under the “Loyalty” tab in the Member’s online account at www.hotelindonesiagroup.co.id.
For the claim to be processed, the Member must attach a copy of the paid invoice from the relevant hotel. This invoice must not include handwritten modifications. Only the document printed by the hotel is acceptable and must be established in the name of the Member making a claim.
Once a claim is proven to be justified, the correct number of Rewards Points will be credited to the Member’s account, along with the appropriate number of Status Points for the status assesment periods during which the stay took place. If being awarded the correct number of Status Points from the outset had enabled the Member to access a different Status level in accordance with the rules detailed in article 8 above, the Member will be awarded the Status level in question for the remainder of the current calendar year. The Rewards Points credited to the Member’s account prior to this rectification will be recalculated accordingly.
If the Member is incorrectly refused a Points credit or benefit relating to his/her membership Status level, the Programme Administrator’s responsibility is limited to correctly recording Points on the Member's account.